The Sensation/Inside Pitch
Right. I think this should fly despite the flu which is still making my head feel like
a piece of cotton wool. This is my first effort to do anything along these lines but
I normally enjoy entering them so I hope you all have a go. The first prize is a £5
Sub to Sensation plus a copy of the excellent Baseball Access book and there are
two runner up prizes of £3 subs. Deadline is a week before the Sensation general
deadline and answers will appear next time.
- 1. Which club in the football league has the shortest full name?
- 2. What are the names of the two NBA expansion teams playing this year?
- 3. What are the names of the two yet to appear?
- 4. What does the GSH logo on the Bears uniform stand for?
- 5. Whose record did Orel Hershiser beat in his amazing 1988 shutout run?
- 6. In what sport would you find the Edmonton Eskimos?
- 7. Who beat Wayne Gretzky to win the 1987-8 hockey scoring crown?
- 8. What is the highest active rank attainable in Sumo wrestling?
- 9. Which is the only team to have ever won four Superbowls?
- 10. Who was the first player to lead the NBA in both steals and scoring?
- 11. Who was Woody's predecessor at Cheers?
- 12. What is the name of the photographer in Lou Grant?
- 13. In UFO, what was Commander Straker's cover job?
- 14. In Cosby, which college does Saundra Huxtable attend?
- 15. Which scouse series featured Isiah and Mooey?
- 16. In Hill St, what is the motto on the squad cars?
- 17. What was the name of the Porridge spin-off series?
- 18. Which presenters introduced the first series of American Football?
- 19. In St Elsewhere, which basketball team does Fiskus follow?
- 20. Which mountain range was traversed in the Flight of the Condor?
What are the nicknames of the following sports personalities:
- 21. Pete Maravich (Basketball)
- 22. Lee Trevino (Golf)
- 23. Steve Carlton (Baseball)
- 24. Ed Jones (Football)
- 25. Wayne Rollins (Basketball)
- 26. Kenny Stabler (Football)
- 27. Jack Nicklaus (Golf)
- 28. Bill Lee (Baseball)
- 29. Joe Greene (Football)
- 30. Craig Stadler (Golf)
- 31. Which SPI game covered a future war in the Antarctic?
- 32. Which game had a rule allowing for homosexual attraction between the player and guards?
- 33. Which game has a scenario called 'Road to Wiltz'?
- 34. In which game do the players start at Sol and Gashidda?
- 35. "Bugs Mr Rico. Zillions of 'em". Which game?
- 36. In which game might you find Red Caboose and Hot Spook?
- 37. Name the missing quad game: Celles, ..., St Vith, Clervaux?
- 38. Which game features the star systems of Uracus, Atriard, Bex and Wex?
- 39. Which game features General Icinghower, Puck Rogers and Tiny Tim?
- 40. The Islands of Camphor, the Magnetic Mountains and the Crystal Palace can all form part of the story in which game?
- 41. In which game do you convert RMU's into FIU's ?
- 42. The Macron, the Void and the Miser are opponents in which game?
- 43. Stookie Glanding and Umpty Bagging are crimes that can only happen in one game. Which one?
- 44. Which wilderness game has a Life Level Index?
- 45. Which game concerns the wars between Hrvatska, Arcadia, Bravance and Argozia?
- 46. In which game might you buy Bionic Perfume?
- 47. Which share game has stocks named Shady Brooks, Stryker Drilling and
- Tri City Transport?
- 48. Which game is best described as Empires of the Middle Ages in space?
- 49. Which Dave Isby game covers the Battle of Cambrai?
- 50. In which Steve Jackson game is it a requirement for the players to make noises like tanks, mortars, machine guns etc?
Mental Age 8 Department.
- 51. Brinsley Forde of Aswad starred in Children's TV. Which Programme?
- 52. Where did Paddington Bear come from?
- 53. What type of animal was Kiki in Hector's House?
- 54. What is the name of Captain Haddock's house?
- 55. Pugh, Barney-Mcgrew, Pugh, Grubb, Cuthbert. Who's missing?
- 56. Who lived in The Dump?
- 57. In Thomas the Tank Engine, which one is the saddle tank?
- 58. What was the name of the very first Fighting Fantasy book?
- 59. What is the name of the machine used to program Joe 90's brain?
- 60. What is the name of Babar the Elephant's wife?
- 61. In Stingray, who kept Troy and Phones company on missions?
- 62. What is the name of Tintin's dog?
- 63. What were the names of the two youngsters in Pogles Wood?
- 64. What was Crystal Tipps' dog called?
- 65. What is Captain Blue's real name?
- 66. Which series of books featured Reepicheep, Tash and Puddleglum?
- 67. In The Herbs, who taught The Chives?
- 68. What was the name of the policeman who patrolled the Trumpton beat?
- 69. What was the fate of the Sidewinder in Thunderbirds?
- 70. What is the name of the headmistress at Grange Hill school?
- 71. Who played the grandmother in Company of Wolves?
- 72. In Thunderbird Six, what was Thunderbird Six?
- 73. What was unusual about the film Tron?
- 74. Those Glory, Glory Days is a tribute to which Spurs footballer?
- 75. The Club covers which sport?
- 76. In The Empire Strikes Back, what is the name of the bounty hunter who is given the frozen Han Solo?
- 77. In Airplane, what type of food causes the food poisoning?
- 78. In The Blues Brothers, what TV theme do the band sing in the C&W club?
- 79. In Manhattan, which composer's work is extensively used in the soundtrack?
- 80. What actress plays in Tootsie, One from the Heart and Mr Mum?
- 81. What is the name of Tom Wolfe's first novel?
- 82. Small World, Changing Places and Nice Work are novels by which English author?
- 83. What is the main character's name in Wolfe's Book of The New Sun?
- 84. Which Larry Niven book won most of the SF awards in 1971?
- 85. Which book and author are considered to have started the Cyberpunk genre?
- 86. Which William Boyd novel was made into a film starring Daniel Day Lewis?
- 87. Who wrote Gravity's Rainbow, V and The Crying of Lot 49?
- 88. Why is Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 so called?
- 89. Hotblack Desiato from HHGTTG is what in real life?
- 90. What is the name of the world in which Terry Pratchett's books are set?
Questions 91-100 are linked to the parts below. Simply identify the games that the
parts come from. My only worry is whether the reproduction comes out, if it
doesn't I'll probably just ignore this section.
Good Luck. Mike Siggins. 26/12/88.
- Mike Siggins
- Legal Notices and Other Information